Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Why Did We Come?

By Gail:

Right before we left, Katie asked us each to write about why we signed up to go on the mission trip. On our last day in Meru (we now had worked both at the Maua Methodist Hospital and the Meru Bio-Intensive Farm), I started reflecting on what I felt the purpose(s) of the mission trip were. As I think we can all attest, it is more than difficult to put into words what we have experienced, however listed below are some of our purposes I see now for this trip.
We came here to work: to build an orphan home, to build doctor's housing, to paint a maternity ward, to build a pig house
We came here to learn: about the Kenyan way of life, how they trust God so completely, how they appreciate what they have, how well they use their limited resources
We came here to show that we care: individually as well as a church
We came here to appreciate God in this country.
We came here to establish friendships.
We came here to understand what we really need to be grateful for.
We came here to give of ourselves.
We came here to bond with each other.
We came here to be a part of dedicating the orphan home we raised money for.
We came here to fundraise and be ambassadors for those programs.
We came here to bless and BE BLESSED.
We came here to share God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment