After praying and supporting Jerri and Bill for many years, I really wanted to go on the last mission trip in 2007 - however timing was just not right. It truly is surreal that I am going! I have already been so blessed by gifts and prayers from many around me and we haven't left yet!
To me, the most important thing is NOT to have a preconceived idea of what I am supposed to do because I do not know what is in store for our team. What is the purpose? To me, it is NOT that we are going to HELP, rather than to SHARE. Almost all of the time when God puts me in opportunities like this, it is because He has something He wants me to learn! So that's what I want - to learn from the people of Kenya. Christianity is exploding in the southern hemispheres so they must be doing something right in their daily lives and walk with God and I would love to bring ideas back to Midland.
I am so excited to be with this team that is all about doing it right and so full of excitement - besides the fact that they are all such wonderful role models and my friends! Thank you St. Luke's for all you have done to support us in so many ways! I have no idea why I am so blessed; however I am extremely grateful and hope that we will make a difference in their lives we are able to touch as they certainly will in ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment